Urease test for Urea:
So the urease test for Urea is a specific test for the detection of urea in urine.
Urease test principle:
- Phenol red
- Urease solution
- Take 2 ml of urine in a test tube.
- Add 2 drops of phenol red in it.
- And 1 ml of urease solution.
- Mix well.
- Now incubate it for 15 minutes at 37 ºC.
The solution turns red due to the conversion of urea into ammonia.
Follow the below steps for a better result.
- Wash the apparatus before and after the experiment.
- Carefully handle all the chemicals in the lab.
- Avoid urine touching with hands.
- Use forks for holding test tube.
- The test tube used should be clean neatly and free of any dirt and chemicals because we will not get the proper result then, so try to use a clean and clear test tube for a correct result.