Test for Chlorides in urine:
Urine contains a high concentration of chlorides ions. Test for chlorides in urine is performed on the urine by the following procedure.
- Concentrated HNO3.
- 2% silver nitrate solution.
Besides these, we also need urine on which we want to perform a test.
- Take 2 ml of urine in a test tube.
- Add 2 drops of concentrated HNO3 in it.
- And 1 ml of 2% silver nitrate solution.
The formation of a white precipitate of silver chloride indicates the presence of chloride in urine.
You should follow the below steps for proper result.
- Wash the apparatus before and after the experiment.
- Carefully handle all the chemicals in the lab.
Leave a Reply