In this blog post, we are going to share a free PDF download of NCLEX Dosage Calculations Practice Problems-Acid-Base Balance PDF using direct links. In order to ensure that user-safety is not compromised and you enjoy faster downloads, we have used trusted 3rd-party repository links that are not hosted on our website.
At Medicalstudyzone.com, we take user experience very seriously and thus always strive to improve. We hope that you people find our blog beneficial!
Now before that we move on to sharing the free PDF download of NCLEX Dosage Calculations Practice Problems-Acid-Base Balance PDF with you, here are a few important details regarding this book which you might be interested.
One of the core problems you encounter while preparing the NCLEX examinations is the Correct Dosage of Drugs and Questions regarding Acid-Base Balance in the body.
With the help of right resources, you can easily excel your positive attitude toward the examinations and pass it. So, today we are sharing the best 2 sources available out there in the market to practice the right dosage calculations and acid-base balance type questions. We hope that these brief books will help you clear your ideas and concepts.
Dosage Calculations Practice Questions
- You need to administer prochlorperazine (Compazine) 10 mg IM to a nauseated patient. You have on hand Compazine 5 mg/mL. How should you prepare the correct dose?
- An order reads furosemide (Lasix) 40 mg IV push. You have on hand 20 mg/2 mL. How should you prepare the correct dose?
- You need to administer 15 mg of morphine IM. It is supplied as gr 1/6 per mL. How should you prepare the correct dose?
- You have on hand diazepam (Valium) 5 mg/mL. You need to administer 8 mg IV push stat. to a patient having a seizure. How much should you draw into the syringe?
- A patient has an aminophylline IV drip ordered for acute asthma, to run at 20 mL/hour. No IV infusion controller is available right now. How will many drops per minute be required if micro drip tubing is used?
Acid-Base Balance Practice Questions
○ Too many acids (H+) and decreased bicarb (HCO3)
○ The body tries to compensate with the respiratory system with hyperventilation (Kussmaul Respirations)
➢ Overdose: salicylates or ethanol
➢ Renal Failure
Manifestations Vital Signs:
➢ Weak pulses
➢ Flaccid paralysis
➢ Kussmaul’s Respirations
➢ Treat underlying cause
➢ Administer fluids,
➢ Fix hyperkalemia/ electrolytes
You might also be interested in:
Download NCLEX Dosage Calculations Practice Problems-Acid-Base Balance PDF Free
Now, in this section of the article, you will be able to get access to the NCLEX Dosage Calculations Practice Problems-Acid-Base Balance PDF Free Download files in .pdf format. The NCLEX Dosage Calculations Practice Problems-Acid-Base Balance PDF Free Download files have been uploaded to our online repository for the safer downloading of the files.
Kindly support us by sharing this Post with your friends.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medicalstudyzone.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medicalstudyzone.com server does not store any type of book,guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.