In this blog post, we are going to share a free PDF download of Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF using direct links. In order to ensure that user-safety is not compromised and you enjoy faster downloads, we have used trusted 3rd-party repository links that are not hosted on our website.
At Medicalstudyzone.com, we take user experience very seriously and thus always strive to improve. We hope that you people find our blog beneficial!
Now before that we move on to sharing the free PDF download of Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF with you, here are a few important details regarding this book which you might be interested.
Here’s the complete overview of Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF:
Understand how a patient’s conditions might affect physical therapy and outcomes so that you can design safe and effective interventions. The only pathology textbook written specifically for physical therapists, Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist, Third Edition, offers guidelines, precautions, and contraindications for interventions with patients who have musculoskeletal or neuromuscular problems as well as other conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, or pancreatitis. Learn about the cause of these conditions, the pathogenesis, medical diagnosis and treatment, and most importantly, the special implications for the therapist. In addition to addressing specific diseases and conditions, this text emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention strategies and covers issues with implications for physical therapy management, such as injury, inflammation, and healing; the lymphatic system; and biopsychosocial–spiritual impacts on health care. With this practical and evidence-based text, now enhanced with full-color illustrations and the latest research, you’ll know what to factor into your clinical decisions to achieve the best outcomes for your patients.
Features of Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- Incorporates the Medical Model, the Disablement Model, and the ICF Model
- Incorporates Preferred Practice Patterns from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, Second Edition throughout the text
- Presents key information in at-a-glance format that is organized by body system for easy reference
- Provides the basic science information and the clinical implications of disease within the rehabilitation process, covering common illnesses and diseases, adverse effects of drugs, organ transplantation, laboratory values, and much more
- Focuses on health promotion and disease prevention throughout
- “Special Implications for the Therapist sections present the most likely practice patterns associated with each disease or disorder and address precautions, contraindications, and considerations specific to PTs.
- Current information on conditions, medical testing and treatment, and practice models keeps you up-to-date on the latest research findings and recent changes in the field.
- Companion Evolve site provides easy access to articles referenced in the text with links to Medline.
- Tables and text boxes throughout the text summarize important information and highlight key points.
- Full color interior design, photos, and illustrations
- Chapter on Behavioral, Social, and Environmental Factors Contributing to Disease and
- Dysfunction includes clinical models of health, variations in client populations, and lifestyle factors that are important to consider when treating a patient.
- “A Therapist’s Thoughts offers personal and clinical insights from experienced therapists specializing in cystic fibrosis, lymphedema, and psychological problems.
- Now covers the World Health Organization’s International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF), a model that includes the level of participation in desired activities as a criterion for establishing status and goals
- UPDATED! Evidence-based content with over 6,000 references
- EXPANDED chapter on the lymphatic system features additional sections on lymphatic diseases plus exercise guidelines, education, and a home program for patients with a compromised lymphatic system.
- UPDATED chapter on lab values features new information on potassium levels and exercise, albumin levels related to nutrition and wound healing, and coagulation studies in relation to exercise.
- EXPANDED chapter on Psychosocial–Spiritual Impact on Health Care offers new information on fear avoidance behaviors, substance abuse, malingering, personality disorders, abuse, eating disorders, and the impact of nonphysical trauma to health and disease as well as combat trauma, torture, and the effects of war.
- Appendix B: Guidelines for Activity and Exercise includes updated information on aquatic physical therapy from leaders in the field, emphasizing precautions and contraindications for this modality.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF:
SECTION I: INTRODUCTION
1. Introduction to Concepts of Pathology
2. Behavioral, Social, and Environmental Factors Contributing to Disease and Dysfunction
3. The Psychosocial-Spiritual Impact on Health Care
4. Environmental and Occupational Medicine
5. Problems Affecting Multiple Systems
6. Injury, Inflammation and Healing
SECTION II: CLINICAL MEDICINE
7. The Immune System
8. Infectious disease
10. The Integumentary System
11. The Endocrine and Metabolic Systems
12. The Cardiovascular System
13. The Lymphatic System
14. The Hematologic System
15. The Respiratory System
16. The Gastrointestinal System
17. The Hepatic, Pancreatic, and Biliary Systems
18. The Renal and Urologic Systems
19. The Male Genital/Reproductive System
20. The Female Genital/Reproductive System
SECTION III: PATHOLOGY OF THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
22. Introduction to Pathology of the Musculoskeletal System
23. Genetic and Developmental Disorders
24. Metabolic Disorders
25. Infectious Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
26. Musculoskeletal Neoplasms
27. Soft Tissue, Joint and Bone Disorders
SECTION IV: PATHOLOGY OF THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
28. Introduction to Central Nervous System Disorders
29. Infectious Disorders of the Central Nervous System
30. Central Nervous System Neoplasms
31. Degenerative Diseases of the Central Nervous System
33. Traumatic Brain Injury
34. Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury
35. Cerebral Palsy
38. Vestibular Disorders
39. The Peripheral Nervous System
40. Laboratory Tests and Values
Appendix A: Summary of Standard Precautions
Appendix B: Guidelines for Activity and Exercise
You might also be interested in:
Download Pathology of Transplantation: A Practical Diagnostic Approach PDF Free
Download Deja Review Pathology 2nd Edition PDF Free
Download Superficial Melanocytic Pathology PDF Free
Download MacSween’s Pathology of the Liver 7th Edition PDF Free
Download Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery 10th Edition PDF Free
Download Atlas of Cosmetic Surgery 2nd Edition PDF Free
Below are the technical specifications of Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF:
- Series: Pathology
- Hardcover: 1760 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (November 12, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416031189
- ISBN-13: 978-1416031185
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 2.5 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.1 pounds
Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 277 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist 4th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people!
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medicalstudyzone.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medicalstudyzone.com server does not store any type of book,guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
Leave a Reply