In this blog post, we are going to share a free PDF download of Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist 8th Edition PDF using direct links. In order to ensure that user-safety is not compromised and you enjoy faster downloads, we have used trusted 3rd-party repository links that are not hosted on our website.
At Medicalstudyzone.com, we take user experience very seriously and thus always strive to improve. We hope that you people find our blog beneficial!
Now before that we move on to sharing the free PDF download of Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist 8th Edition PDF with you, here are a few important details regarding this book which you might be interested.
Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist 8th Edition PDF is one of the best book for quick review. It is very good book to study a a day before your exam. It can also cover your viva questions and will help you to score very high. With a focus on the most commonly used drugs in dentistry, Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, 8th Edition provides you with an in-depth understanding of the pharmacologic principles needed for safe and effective dental treatment and oral health care. It discusses drug properties and mechanisms of action, dosages, intended effects, interactions, and adverse reactions – both for the medications a patient may already be taking and for the drugs prescribed by the dentist. This new edition has been updated throughout to give you a firm foundation in pharmacology in order to assess and educate patients so they can maintain optimal oral health!
Part I: General Principles
1. Information Sources, Regulatory Agencies, Drug Legislation, and Prescription Writing
2. Drug Action and Handling
3. Adverse Reactions
Part II: Drugs Used in Dentistry
4. Autonomic Drugs
5. Nonopioid (Nonnarcotic) Analgesics
6. Opioid (Narcotic) Analgesics and Antagonists
7. Antiinfective Agents
8. Antifungal and Antiviral Agents
9. Local Anesthetics
10. General Anesthetics
11. Antianxiety Agents
Part III: Drugs That May Alter Dental Treatment
12. Drugs for the Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
13. Drugs for the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Diseases
14. Drugs for the Treatment of Seizure Disorders
15. Drugs for the Treatment of Central Nervous System Disorders
17. Drugs for the Treatment of Respiratory Disorders and Allergic Rhinitis
18. Drugs for the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus
19. Drugs for the Treatment of Other Endocrine Disorders
20. Antineoplastic Drugs
Part IV: Special Situations
21. Emergency Drugs
22. Pregnancy and Breast Feeding
23. Substance Use Disorders
24. Natural/Herbal Products and Dietary Supplements
25. Oral Conditions and Their Treatment
26. Hygiene-Related Oral Disorders
Appendix A: Top 200 Drugs
Appendix B: Medical Acronyms
Appendix C: Medical Terminology
Appendix D: What if…
Appendix E: Oral Manifestations: Xerostomia and Taste Changes
Appendix F: Children’s Dose Calculations
Adjunct Associate Professor of Pharmacology, School of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Sciences, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA; Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program, Stratford University, Virginia Beach, VA
Features of Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist 8th Edition PDF
Following are the features of Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist 8th Edition PDF:
- IMPROVED! Test Bank with cognitive leveling based on Bloom’s Taxonomy mapped to the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) blueprint.
- Comprehensive coverage with a dental focus provides you with an in-depth understanding of the most commonly used drugs, how they work, and how they affect patients’ oral health and dental treatment options.
- Multiple opportunities for classroom and board exam prep offers summaries and review questions at the end of each chapter, helping you to assess your knowledge of the material.
- Key terms are bolded and in color within each chapter and defined in a handy glossary.
- Full-color design engages the reader and includes additional illustrations showing basic principles and internal processes, along with photographs of oral conditions and side effects.
- Separate drug index provides easy look-up of specific drugs and types of drugs.
- Quick-reference appendixes include resources such as the top 200 drugs, medical acronyms, and information on herbal and dietary supplements.
You might also be interested in:
Download Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist 8th Edition PDF Free:
Now you can download Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist 8th Edition PDF from the below link:
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medicalstudyzone.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medicalstudyzone.com server does not store any type of book,guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.