IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT CARDIAC ENZYMES
Things you should know about Cardiac Enzymes/markers for MI:
1) Myoglobin first comes and first goes (rises first, disappears first)
2) LDH is called “lazy enzyme” because it comes late, and goes late (rises after 24 hours and remain till 14 days)
3) Trop-I has the greatest sensitivity and specificity.
4) The investigation of choice within first hour of MI is “CKMB”
5) “CKMB” is useful for confirmation of reinfarction as this enzyme disappears after 72 hours of MI. So, if a patient comes after 72 hours of initial infarction, and you are suspecting a reinfarction, go for “CKMB”.
– Myoglobin disappears after 24 to 48 hours.
– CKMB disappears after 72 hours.
– Trop I disappears after 7 – 10 days.
– LDH disappears after 14 days.
This is all you should know about cardiac enzymes, and this covers each and every MCQ for 1st Year MBBS.
This info is not given in any book or notes as such manner so never skip , Take its Screen Shoots !!