In this blog post, we are going to share a free PDF download of Brochert’s Crush Step 2 The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review 4th Edition PDF using direct links. In order to ensure that user-safety is not compromised and you enjoy faster downloads, we have used trusted 3rd-party repository links that are not hosted on our website.
Crush Step 2: The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review—the name and reputation speak for themselves! Drs. Theodore X. O’Connell and Mayur Movalia bring a fresh perspective to this trusted classic that offers you the most high-yield coverage of all of the speciality and subspecialty knowledge tested on the most recent administrations of the USMLE Step 2 exam. A well-written, easily accessible approach, with plenty of helpful lists and tables, makes studying stress-free. You’ll also find numerous tips, insights, and guidance on maximizing your score and on getting the most benefit from computer-based simulations. If you know all of the concepts in this book, you should do much better than pass USMLE Step 2: You should CRUSH STEP 2!
This fourth edition of Crush Step 2 attempts to incorporate the many changes that have occurred in medicine and the exam since 2007, as well as suggestions from readers based on material they encountered on their exams.
For this edition, we have created a student review board composed of recent students who each scored in the 99th percentile on Step 2. Their input and suggestions have been invaluable in helping this book reflect the content and structure of the recent USMLE Step 2 exams. Though the format of the exam is constantly changing, many of the basic concepts you need to know to be a successful house officer have not changed in decades. If you understand the concepts in this book, you should do much better than pass: you should Crush Step 2!
Though Step 2 is the same level of difficulty as Step 1, the focus is more clinical and the questions are more relevant to the everyday practice of medicine. Knowing how to recognize, diagnose, manage, and treat common conditions is stressed. The exam tests not just theory but practice—in other words, what you should do next. Treatable emergency conditions are also tested, because you will soon be asked to take care of patients in the middle of the night, some of whom may require heroic measures if they are to survive until morning rounds.
Some information from Step 1 is still relevant and high yield for Step 2. Epidemiology and biostatistics, pharmacology, and microbiology are all tested with a slightly more clinical slant. Cardiac physiology and pathophysiology and behavioral science are also retested and are high yield. Overall, though, Step 2 has a different focus, and that focus is clinical. If a patient presented with chest pain, what would you do? What kinds of questions would you ask him or her? Which tests would you order? How would you select medications or treatments?
Here are some general tips to keep you focused while studying for and taking the test:
1. Always get more history when it is an option, unless the patient is unstable and you think immediate action is needed.
2. Know the cutoff values for the treatment of common conditions (e.g., at what numbers do you treat hypertension, diabetes, and hypercholesterolemia; below what CD4 count should you institute chemoprophylaxis in HIV patients).
3. A presentation might be normal, especially in psychiatry and pediatrics, and require no treatment!
4. Don’t forget to study your subspecialties. Just because you never took an ophthalmology or dermatology rotation doesn’t mean there won’t be any basic questions on these topics. You don’t have to be an expert, but knowing common and life-threatening diseases in the subspecialties can significantly increase your score.
5. Time management during the exam is critical. Make sure you are prepared to answer all of the questions in the allotted time.
Residency programs generally only see those magic two- and three-digit scores, not the breakdown. Don’t skip studying a subject because you know you aren’t going into it—you might miss out on easy points.
Studying for Step 2 can seem like an overwhelming task. Given the time constraints of medical students in their clinical years, most need a concise, high-yield review of the tested topics. It is our hope that Crush Step 2, fourth edition, will meet your needs in this regard.
Features of Brochert’s Crush Step 2 – The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review 4th Edition PDF.
Below are a few quick features that you will find inside the Brochert’s Crush Step 2 – The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review 4th Edition PDF.
- Confidently prepare for the boards with the text that is trusted and recommended by thousands of medical students.
- Focus on essential information and master it efficiently with thoroughly updated, high-yield coverage of all of the speciality and subspecialty knowledge tested on the most recent USMLE Step 2 exam, so you can be sure you’re studying the material you really need to know.
- Spend more time studying and less time searching thanks to a well-written, easily accessible approach, with plenty of helpful lists and tables to highlight high-yield data.
- Review the full gamut of essential subjects with coverage of epidemiology and biostatistics, pharmacology and microbiology, cardiac physiology, and basic EKG pathology, as well as common and life-threatening diseases encountered in orthopaedics, urology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, paediatrics, vascular surgery, and other subspecialties.
Table of Contents
Using the QR Codes
1. Cardiovascular Medicine
3. Ear, Nose, and Throat
4. Emergency Medicine
6. Ethics and Patient Encounters
8. General Surgery
14. Infectious Disease
15. Internal Medicine
16. Laboratory Medicine
23. Orthopaedic Surgery
26. Preventive Medicine, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics
32. Vascular Surgery
33. Photos, Images, and Multimedia
34. Signs, Symptoms, and Syndromes
About the Authors
- Theodore O’Connell
Program Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano, Napa, California; Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Community and Family Medicine; University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California
- Mayur Moralia
Hematopathologist, Dahl-Chase Pathology Associates; Medical Director, Flow Cytometry Laboratory, Dahl-Chase Diagnostic Services; Medical Director, Affiliated Laboratories, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, Maine; Medical Director, Cancer Care of Maine Laboratory, Brewer, Maine; Medical Director, Mount Desert Island Hospital Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine; Faculty, University of Maine, Orono, Maine.
You might also be interested in:
Brochert’s Crush Step 2 The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review 4th Edition PDF Download.
You can download Brochert’s Crush Step 2 The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review 4th Edition PDF by links are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it. In this part of the article, you will be able to access the .pdf file of Brochert’s Crush Step 2 – The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review 4th Edition PDF Free EBook by using our direct links. We have uploaded First Aid for the Brochert’s Crush Step 2 – The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review 4th Edition to our online repository to ensure ease-of-access and safety.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medicalstudyzone.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medicalstudyzone.com server does not store any type of book,guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.